Saturday, June 27, 2009

Oh the things I miss

things i miss:

-having not to worry if this water i am drinking is going to make me sick.
-crunchy, fresh vegetables-walking around late at night without worrying about the people around me. i hate being howled at once the sun is down.
-cheerios and milk-"clean" air. walking down the highway to work or being on a motorbike as a giant bus passes by and pours 5 gallons of black smoke down your throat is about 5 packs of cigarettes, i have the math....i can prove it (no i cant)-never having to worry about power fluctuations-lack of swimming...i miss this huge
-you

things i love or that have slowly grown on me:

-african time. i hate it and love it. i tend be to rather punctual person (maranger...shut up....5 minutes is still all i need) but when i have to be somewhere i can usually show up 30min late only to find the other party is not there yet. everyone is zambia loves the idea of african/zambian time
-the "public" transport system here is off the hook. people own these busses that run everywhere as long as the sun is shinning. all you have to do is stick your hand out and get picked up. i will take a video and post it on here when i return to canada.
-bani's (fucking) pizza. patrick and I will be posting more on this in the future.
-the heat

just a shout out to any one doing research or reading lots of papers in PDF format. If you find anything interesting (anything at all) I would love to read it. I have decided to come to the office everyday (even weekends) as it is easy toget work done here and I tend to take breaks to read. So I would love to read anything that you think is rock and roll.

I have also discovered a great way of learning new things without the use of the internet (well I still use the net but I dont have it at work). I hit up random things on wikipedia (world war 2, roman empire, michael jackson...) and download the page to my key. It is an awesome way to keep up with new learning.

Somethings I have been interested in from the books I have been reading:
-Game Theory
-Philosopher Karl Popper
-Programs in Planning and Policy-
Levithan

oh.i also got invited to a wedding on july 4th.
INDEPENDANCE WEDDING WITH WILL SMITH!!!haha. but seriously.wedding time. alright.
I guess this was more about me and less about my placement.

Cheers,
Tony

1 comment:

  1. hi tony tony our dear tony,
    thinking of you often and feeling badly that i haven't written until now. This morning kate was home and laughed when you wrote her "one wedding down". hoping you are well and happy and the days are quick when they need to be.
    life is clicking along and mission Peru going as planned. the stars are all lining up.
    you are an inspiration! thank you for the joy of you.
    kisses and huggs katiekatekate's mom

    ReplyDelete